We take COVID-19 as seriously as we do real estate and are looking out for the safety of our clients, agents and staff.
If you need to purchase or sell your home during this crisis, we encourage you to follow these diligent steps to protect yourself and others. Stay informed and prepare yourself and family by following advice from health officials.
We understand that some of our clients may need to sell or purchase homes even during this pandemic
- Those who have already closed a deal on their current home and need to locate a new home,
- Those who are re-locating to ease their financial burden,
- Those who are at the end of their rental term, etc.
At Remax Twin City we follow these guidelines to help ensure your safety:
- We strongly recommend against hosting open houses or shared showings. Only one person/couple should be in a home at one time.
- To minimize contamination areas that can be "looked into" will be roped off therefore minimizing traffic.
- All countertops, doorknobs, handles, light switches, keypads, lockboxes will be wiped down before and after touching.
- Entry into a home will be refused to anyone that has travelled to an affected region, been in close contact with someone who has travelled, is experiencing symptoms or have been in contact with someone experiencing symptoms.
Additional safety precautions include:
- Screening those who require in person meetings by confirming the following:
- They haven’t travelled anywhere outside of Canada or been in contact with anyone that has travelled in the last 14 days.
- They are not showing or experiencing any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days: fever, dry cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
- They have not been in contact with anyone with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the last 14 days.
- Where possible we are encouraging our agents to show clients the listings via video calls to limit foot traffic.
- When showings are required they shall be limited to only the buyers and not include additional family members including children unless there are exceptional circumstances and prior arrangements have been made.