RTC is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees and customers. To ensure that, we have developed a COVID-19 Policy and Safety Communication Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our workplaces and communities, and that requires full cooperation among our employees, management, and customers. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of our workplaces. Management and employees are responsible for implementing and complying with all aspects of this COVID-19 Policy and Safety Communication Plan. RTC Managers and Office Coordinators have RTC’s full support in enforcing the provisions of the COVID-19 Policy and Safety Communication Plan.
SCREENING FOR COVID-19
RTC has implemented a COVID-19 screening process that follows the recommendations as outlined by the Ontario Ministry of Health. The screening process is mandatory and applies to all employees, agents, and essential visitors entering the work environment.
Screening must occur before entering the building and will be used to screen individuals for COVID-19 before they are permitted entry into the workplace.
Each office has a QR code and link attached to their front door. Office Coordinators will be monitoring the list and will have access to the information should we be contacted by Public Health with possible exposure or are visited by an Inspector from the Ministry of Labour.
NO ONE is permitted to enter the building without completing the screening form. The screening form can be completed before arriving at the facility but must be completed as close to the time of entrance as possible to ensure accuracy.
In addition to completing the RTC screening form before entering the workplace, it is also encouraged that all individuals self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. The assessment can be found here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
We also encourage individuals to download the COVID Alert mobile app to protect themselves and your community. You will get a phone alert if you have been exposed to COVID-19 and let others know if you test positive, without sharing any personal information. You can find more information here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covidalert
If you are feeling unwell with any of the following symptoms:
- fever or chills, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, trouble swallowing, runny nose/stuffy nose or nasal congestion, decrease or loss of smell or taste, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, not feeling well, extreme tiredness, sore muscles
AND/OR you have experienced any of the following:
- Traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
- You are in close contact with a person who is sick with respiratory symptoms who recently traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
- You are a confirmed case or probable case of COVID-19
- You have the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, have been tested for COVID-19, and are awaiting the results of their test
- You have been in close contact with a person identified as having COVID-19, even if they do not themselves have any symptoms of COVID-19
Please follow these steps:
- Do not enter the building.
- Monitor symptoms by taking the Government of Ontario’s Self-Assessment which can be found at www.covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/#q0
- Put yourself into self-isolation or self-quarantine for a minimum duration of 14 days.
- Seek a clinical assessment for COVID-19 over the phone - Contact your primary care provider or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 and get tested for COVID-19.
- If you are experiencing sudden and intense symptoms call 9-1-1.